Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Broken plastic channel on valve cover!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Help! Broken plastic channel on valve cover!

I took my valve covers off for a basic clean/polish, and due to some extreme stupidity and bad luck, one of the plastic channels inside the valve cover broke. It's still attached, but the hole that's visible in it is about double its original size now :-(

Also, on the other channel, one of the metal tabs holding it in is missing. Again, the piece of plastic is still secured in there, but it wiggles a bit.

I'm quite the noob when it comes to this, and I don't even know what the proper name for the piece in question is. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pics when I get back to a computer... I'm on my phone at the moment.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Help! Broken plastic channel on valve cover!-img_20140511_132728.jpg  

Last edited by thaGrimace; 05-11-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There's no replacement pieces for the baffling inside the valve covers, so you'd have to buy new VCs for that. Furthermore as long everything is still good and secure you should be fine. Now if anything seems like it might fall off then I'd try to secure it better or remove it.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a valve cover from pull-a-part for $20.00.

Quick Reply: Help! Broken plastic channel on valve cover!