Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

new boost build would like opinions have done my research

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new boost build would like opinions have done my research

I wrecked my last car that was all motor and bought a new car that had a vortech supercharger g trim. so im going the boost route on this build. I have 2001 Camaro it has a stock bottom end and the 243 heads and ls6 intake. I want to upgrade to the the t trim vortech supercharger to get into the 800hp range. instead of taking my ls1 bottom end to a 383 im gunna go iron block 6.0. I need help deciding between ls6 top end and ls3 top end. I have used the search tab and all the threads where years older. but in general the ls3 top end doesn't shine till 416cubic inches or higher. anything lower the ls6 is better and has better bottom end where the ls3 lacks. since im running a t trim I don't think this would matter because of the air im moving please tell me if im wrong. so if I go 6.0 ls3 top end would be best correct? or will the gains be so minimal that I might as well keep the ls6? I understand that ls3 top end will bolt right on but then I read I need tb adapters and injector spacers. so what all will it take to put a ls3 top end on a 6.0.

I haven't decided if im going 370,390, or 408. I will prolly see what I can get the best deal on and go with that. thank you for your help
Old 05-22-2014, 01:32 AM
On The Tree

will be running 93 pump gas I do not wanna switch to race gas. How is fitting a t trim under a stock or ss hood easy or will it need to be modified I have heard it does and it doesn't. I have the vortech intercooler that came with the kit but I believe i will be maxing it out so i will most likely fab up fmic
Old 05-22-2014, 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those questions would probably be better answered by RMCR "IF" you can get them on the phone or to email you back. Id honestly be more worried that the blower outlet and intercooler inlet would not clear an ls3 intake/tb setup as mine was very close to the ls6 setup I had. What I mean is IDK how much if any the tb and intake on the ls3 setup sits up any higher that the ls1/6 setup does. You have to cut the ss hood for the lil g-trim kit to fit so You are definitely gonna have to cut the bottom of the ss hood for the t-trim. The intercooler is adequate for the bigger head unit. The intercooler inlet tube is what RMCR modifies with a more round tube when upgrading to their kit.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

true I didn't even think about clearance issue by going to the ls3 top end. I might run a fmic and have a friend fab it up for me. I haven't decided yet I guess that depends on if the ls3 top end is worth it compared the ls6

Quick Reply: new boost build would like opinions have done my research