Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help! texas speed catted y-pipe fitment issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! texas speed catted y-pipe fitment issues

Could anyone with a catted texas speed y-pipe show me a picture of how they have their driver side setup? Here a two pictures of mine:

help! texas speed catted y-pipe fitment issues-brat2gu.jpg

This picture is how far away this pipe is from the floor of the car. I have tried adjusting the first driver side piece multiple different ways. The pipe either sits too low and will inevitably drag on the ground, or sits right against the floor and will smack the floor when driving normally.

help! texas speed catted y-pipe fitment issues-njedyue.jpg

This picture is the camera level with the bottom of the car. The entire pipe is exposed. The front half is low enough to clear the floor but will drag on the ground. The back half is high enough to stay off the ground but will smack the floor.

I already called texas speed customer service who didn't give me much information. I asked if they had a diagram on how to setup the pipe for the best clearance but they told me they haven't provided a diagram for years and no one has issues with installation. He provided me with information to return the pipe but basically told me they would probably send it back to me because its "used".

So here I am giving it once last chance before I post the pipe for sale in the classifieds section. I am determined to make this fit so could someone please post a picture of your TSP catted y-pipe setup? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I got the pipe tucking the best it can I think. The issue now though is it looks like its going to bang on the floor of the car. The TSP setup comes with 6 of the good exhaust band clamps. If I impact those ******* on there, will that hold the pipe in place and stop it from moving?

Last edited by 7SEALS; 05-23-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the catless Y but I had the same issue more or less... I got it where I wanted and tightened the clamps as much as the impact would allow. It still works it self loose and bangs the floor so hard it triggers the knock senor. I ended up getting a hose clamp and running a piece of hose over it and putting the clamp around the exhaust where it hits the floor. It holds for a month or so before it burns through the hose. Not the right way to fix it but it will hold me over until I get true duals.

Quick Reply: help! texas speed catted y-pipe fitment issues