Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Fell in love with Hugger Orange Camaro today

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fell in love with Hugger Orange Camaro today

So today while going out for a run with the wife i came accross a Hugger Orange camaro and we fell in love with it. I have seen it in pictures and didnt think much until i saw it in person. My Silver Z28 was keyed and clear coat is coming of and there is alot of chips in the paint throughout the whole car. I went to a paint shop to get a qoute to keep it Silver and the guy told me 6000 grand just to keep it the same color. Thought the cost was too much for the same color and i have been thinking of doing it myself. I was thinking of doing the Hugger orange and was wondering what all was needed to complete the job. What materials will be needed to do the job myself and where can i get the paint, also i have come across difrent types of paint in searches like acrylic lacquer, acrylic enamel, acrylic urethane and water-based. what are the diffrences between these??? Im not expecting a 10,000 dollar paint job to come out of my first time attempt and im fine with that, just any experiences and advice would be very helpfull. I appreciate your help guys
Old 05-26-2014, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Nice color, but I like IOM Inferno Orange Metallic a lil more. You need to check that out. I have it on my 2010 SS and my Yamaha R1 and would put it on my T/A if it didnt cost an arm and a leg to repaint
Old 05-26-2014, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im diggin the inferno metallic but im kinda set on the hugger. Any body know what is a good HVLP gun. i saw a Eastwood Councours but really dont know what to look for in the guns. Also can i spray primer and basecoat/clear in the same gun or should i get a two gun package from devilbiss one for primer and the other for basecoat/clear.

Quick Reply: Fell in love with Hugger Orange Camaro today