Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

93 Built ls1 FD rx7 (FD3S) seattle WA.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Built ls1 FD rx7 (FD3S) seattle WA.

Year: 1993
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-7
Price: $24000
Mileage: 75000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): WA
Color: Beige
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

FS: My 93 fd rx7 with a built ls1

$24k obo Also may be interested in cool unique trades. (gts-t rhd, gtr rhd, classic mini, maybe an s2k+ cash)

Clean Title

Purchased already built from RODS cars who specialize in lsx cars/parts, previous owner loved the car but had to pay off a lot of debt so regrettingly sold it to me. I've enjoyed driving the car, breaking necks, and obliterating muscle car owners prides but some other things have come up in my life I think I need to focus on. If it doesn't sell I will continue to drive it and enjoy until that time comes.

Mods:

LS1 from a '02 camaro ss
LS6 intake Manifold
5.7 Liters Bore & Stroke (in): 3.90/3.62
Diamond Pistons 11:1 compression
Eagle Rods
Comp Cam: Intake .643 Exhaust .598
Comp Springs & Retainers
85mm BBK TB
60lb Injectors
255lph Walbro
Engine Management: HP Tuners
Spark Plugs: NGK tr6 v-power
Hinson Long Tubes Custom Rods Cars 3" Mandrel exhaust with 18" magnaflow muffler
Hinson Radiator with custom shroud
SLP High Flow Oil Pump
Chris Headstuds
NX Wet Kit 100shot
B&M Shifter Rear End: 3.93 Stock LSD Axles / Driveshaft: Hinson Drive Shaft
T56 6 speed with custom transmission plate cover

Re-wired and relocated battery to trunk with it's own cut-off switch on the rear bumper
Fuel pressure and A/F gauges
DVD player in dash
comes with bose system (sitting in my garage)
Has power steering but no A/C, I have 95% of the components for the A/C in my garage but never thought it necessary to install
B/C Coilovers fully height and dampening adjustable
Boss 338 style wheels 18x8, 18x10(gloss centers, matte black lip) with brand new tires
Front lip in FRP
Shine Side diffusers, rear diffuser, and rear lip spoiler all in Carbon Fiber (lip spoiler not installed in pictures but on car)
Custom tinted tail lights (were fading to grey so darkened them up)
Two toggle switches in the center consol, one for the line-lock (epic burnouts), one for nitrous.

Took the car to wong's tuning who specializes in lsx cars to have looked over and tuned, he did an extremely conservative tune since I wanted the car to be 100% reliable day in and day out. De-tuned also to run nitrous so when you hit the switch it will compensate for the spray. Also took it to CNC to get the intake raised so it won't ever suck up water and to run some heavier gauge wiring. You could daily this car rain or shine, although personally i hate driving with a heavy clutch in traffic so wouldn't recommend stop and go in seattle. Best to be driven on open roads, back country, or show up to car shows and make everyone question why they don't have one.

Best time in this car on the 1/4 mile was a 10.9 then got kicked out since there's no roll cage. Could do better with some practice runs.

The car isn't flawless, but it's an absolute blast to drive and turns heads like nothing i've ever driven before! On the conservative tune it makes 394whp and 376wtq, plus with the nitrous another roughly 100hp on top of that. That along with the 30ish mpg on the freeway makes for a pretty sweet car.

*a few things i'd clean up on the interior (speedo converter $60, and 1 or two tiny trim pieces)

First start up after sitting for about a week and a half.... stupid rain go away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOj_...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQzM...ature=youtu.be

Some of the pictures are before i re-did the wheels, and put coilovers on it most recent pictures are first.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ps6b818863.jpg

short video from when i first got the car.

*no magnaflow muffler on at this point in time, just a 3" straight pipe. Just two little blips at about 3-4k rpm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJZR...ature=youtu.be

A fun few pulls against a slightly modded 370z. This was before i did any additional performance mods, tune, coils, body kit, new tires. Spun tires through 3rd gear then finally hook. This is off of nitrous btw. (about 340whp at this point in time.)

I've had some additional pm's with questions so hopefully this will answer everything

The shell has about 120k on it, clean title. The motor/tranny/rear end all have roughly 75k on them.
I have a shift boot, just purchased but haven't installed yet. The tranmission tunnel is completely sealed off by a custom shift plate that seals it off from both sound as well as fumes getting in the car.
Yes, I got it re-tuned at Wong's tuning who specializes in lsx's he would even be willing to send maps or help if you re-tune down the road
Ram clutch rated to 650whp, grips really well and fairly easy to daily. (heavy, but a tiny bit lighter than my E36 m3 stock clutch was. Those are heavy)
Bottom of drivers side (where the jackstand would sit) has a dent in it, with the car on the ground you can't see it until you lay flat on the ground next to the car. Clean title, and no other damage besides a few smaller rock chips

A few of the interior pieces could use refurbishing, I have a few extra bits in my garage. They are the smaller triangle bits on the door ( can't see them when sitting in the car so never bothered. About $200 to replace them).

Headunit currently out of the car since I'm cleaning and wrapping the center console... this is the unit fyi.

shift boot, installing this weekend

Interior, like i said headunit will be back in, door sills in the garage, and will be cleaned up. My apologies for the dirtiness as I've been too busy enjoying it to detail it yet.

The GO-Fast end

Again the headunit is just out to clean up the install, will be back in shortly

I have the rear carpet and bose system, carpet needs to be trimmed to fit battery and nos.

Two rips on drivers side, didn't even notice the seat one until about 3 months after owning the car. New R1 suede seats are being delivered tomorrow along with brand new R1 door cards, carpets, and dash cover.

Passenger seat in great condition!

Old 05-30-2014, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will continue to mod, improve, and enjoy the car until it's sold so mileage will go up. If I do a full vinyl wrap, tint windows, do any other major improvements price may increase.

Quick Reply: 93 Built ls1 FD rx7 (FD3S) seattle WA.