Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Questions about new fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Default Questions about new fuel system

Ok, I am at the fuel stage of the build on my car. Build right now is a 7575 Turbonetics on a Huron Speed kit. Have 80lbs Siemens Deka injectors and plan to run it on e85. Engine is stock for now but would be built to handle more boost later. Ultimately I want to max this 7575 on whatever engine it becomes.

I am currently planning on running the upgraded Racetronix dual pump setup which requires -8 feed and -6 return. This raises questions:

What line is good quality for a good price? I will pay more to not have to worry about poor build quality but don't want to spend unneeded money there.

What fittings do I need to connect to the stock fittings at the tank? I have seen conflicting things here and not sure how to do it.

I plan to run the stock feed line as a return so what fittings do I need for that?

What brand of filter and regulator fits my quality-for-value mindset?

Also, what is the price difference running this setup with the stock rails vs going billet? If billet is best what brand? I don't want to spend a huge chunk of money on the rails as I know stock ones can support 900whp on e85.

Lastly, what is -8 good for on e85 power wise? Racetronix rates their upgraded dual pumps at 1400. I doubt -8 will support that will it?
Old 06-09-2014, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use these Russell fittings for the quick disconnect fittings. They are available
in black or blue, various sizes. Check Summit.
Use PTEF, Teflon, hose for E85, do not use rubber.
Attached Thumbnails Questions about new fuel system-new-style-screw-lock.jpg  

Last edited by Ollie8974; 06-09-2014 at 03:07 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I saw threads about those fittings but also saw a few places where people questioned their quality because they didn't seal very well. And a few people had issues with them coming off.

Does any other brand make that type of fitting?
Old 06-09-2014, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Also would like to know how much braided hose I need to run from back to front?
Old 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
I saw threads about those fittings but also saw a few places where people questioned their quality because they didn't seal very well. And a few people had issues with them coming off.

Does any other brand make that type of fitting?
This is true for the old style with the plastic or metal lock.
They are known the come off under pressure.
The new design, the U shape part threads into the back side of the fitting forming a positive lock.
http://www.summitracing.com/search?S...EFI%20Fittings

Use the key words "Russell Push-on EFI Fittings." for any searches.
Attached Thumbnails Questions about new fuel system-old-style-plastic-lock.jpg   Questions about new fuel system-step-1-russell-efi.jpg   Questions about new fuel system-step-2-russell-efi.jpg   Questions about new fuel system-step-3-russell-efi.jpg  

Last edited by Ollie8974; 06-10-2014 at 03:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Questions about new fuel system