General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

P0410,412 and 418 I know

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0410,412 and 418 I know

Hi guys, I know this has been beaten to death but searching old posts all resulted in the same solution, either a fuse blown or a bad pump. My car lit up the SES light and upon pulling the codes I get those mentioned above. I checked the fuse and replaced the pump relay and no avail. I dont hear the pump come on in the mornings. So, I removed the pump thinking that it was bad but a quick test on the bench with a 12V power supply revealed that the pump spins.
I have no idea where the problem would be. I guess that those check valves near the rear of the engine that have the vaccum lines on them may be the culprit but there is no way I can reach in there.
So, I am thinking that maybe I can take the car somewhere where the Air test is tuned out or something like that, maybe do it myself. Or maybe someone has better information that could help me to either fix it or to get the test tuned out by myself.
The car is a 2001 Camaro SS all stock.

Thanks in advance
Jim
Old 06-12-2014, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the same boat. Thought my pump was bad so I bought a used one of ebay for 40 bucks. It blew fuses! So I found a guy who programmed this out. I do have state inspections but the air doesn't matter when warm. Anyway it was 75 bucks and included return shipping for the PCM.

I get it back today. Hope all is good.

Quick Reply: P0410,412 and 418 I know