Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the 4th. Veteran in Camaros.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the 4th. Veteran in Camaros.

Hi all! My name is Justin. I live in North Carolina. It's about time I come into the 21st century of Camaros. A little behind, but I will always have a place for the classics. Just bought a 2001 SS "SLP". Only 79,xxx miles on it. 5.7L with all SLP upgrades, an aftermarket Borla catback with the wide open plate installed and the cats have been deleted. 6-speed with Hurst short-throw shifter. 2600watts stereo system with custom dual 12" sub enclosure with black vinyl wrap on the lid to blend in with the plastic panels and a custom Chevy bowtie and SS logo.

OTher than the above mods, it's all original. I plan to keep it that way, minus some internal engine modding. If there's anything else, I forgot about it. Haha

I'll attach a few pics of the car. The stripes are painted on, not decals.

Thanks for the add and I look forward to getting help as much as giving help and just general chat.
Attached Thumbnails New to the 4th. Veteran in Camaros.-slp-ss-01.jpg   New to the 4th. Veteran in Camaros.-slp-ss-03.jpg   New to the 4th. Veteran in Camaros.-slp-ss-02.jpg   New to the 4th. Veteran in Camaros.-slp-ss-04.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and nice stripes.welcome to the forum.Lots of gearheads in here.Im sure any of your ? will be answered.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to LS1tech from a fellow North Carolinian! What part are you in? We're in Mount Airy - feel free to stop in anytime if you're local!

The car is absolutely beautiful. Keep us in mind when it's time to start those engine internal modifications!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Default Raybestos Presents: A Perfectly Pre-Made SLP Camaro

As car guys, most of us enjoy working on and upgrading our vehicles with our own hands; however, wouldn't it be nice to buy something that's awesome right out of the box?

Apparently, LS1Tech member NSSTIG8R thought it would be. He recently purchased a 2001 Camaro SS loaded with "SLP upgrades, an aftermarket Borla catback with the wide-open plate installed" ... and no cats.

It gets even better. Read the rest on the LS1Tech homepage.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Banned

I've never heard the Borla exhaust system with stock headers and no catalytic converters in person.

However, when I had the stock manifolds and cats, it was definitely the best sounding car I've ever heard!

Longtubes + Off Road Y Pipe + Borla (open plate) + Cam is also one of the best sounding system's I've had the pleasure of hearing at idle and wide open throttle.

However, I MUCH preferred the way the car sounded driving around town when it was just the catback by itself!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:55 AM

Default Nice Find

Hey man nice find love the stripes. Have fun with it I'm definitely a 98-02 fan. If you live near the Concord area give me a shout.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Joey@Tick
Welcome to LS1tech from a fellow North Carolinian! What part are you in? We're in Mount Airy - feel free to stop in anytime if you're local!

The car is absolutely beautiful. Keep us in mind when it's time to start those engine internal modifications!
I'm down in Monroe, well, almost. I'm basically on the NC/SC border in Union Co. Lol Could spit into SC. I've got a buddy in Rock Hill who suggested you guys. He has a '02 SS, black, SLP LM2 and the SLP ZR1 wheels, supercharged, yada, yada, yada. Lol Will be looking for a tune here soon.

Quick Reply: New to the 4th. Veteran in Camaros.