Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

340 fuel pump pro's step in!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 340 fuel pump pro's step in!

I've done some research but seen nothin specific to my troubles, my car is a 98 TA in which I just had an Aeromotive intank 340 installed along with a Racetronix hotwire kit, connected the stock fuel feed line into Professional Products fuel rails, then 6AN line from fuel rail into a Professional Products fuel regulator(with gauge) then a 6AN ss braided return line back to the pump.

Since the install, my first problem is that I can now only fill up my tank till halfway; I will squeeze as much gas into as it will take till it spills out and the gauge needle only goes up to half. Once tank is halfway full, it runs just fine and responds awesome upon flooring it.

My second problem is that once the needle goes under 1/4 full, the car will shut down in a sudden stop or sudden turn as if it won't manage to suck the gas in or somethin! Also, once it starts doing this under 1/4 tank it will also not respond right if I try to floor it as if it's not getting sufficient fuel. Once I fill it and drive it, next stop I'm off the car I can see the fuel tank door and can tell that fuel spills out the door when I top it off.

This 340 was installed through the trap door that the car already had so the tank was never dropped for the install. The fuel gauge on the regulator while in idle is approx 58 psi. The motor is a 408 on a SD tune with 42#injectors.

Can someone shed some light into this issue and advise me what to look for upon pulling the pump out? This pump was supposed to be a direct fit/drop in.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm Noooo expert for sure but did you modify the pump housing by drilling the holes to let fuel in? Iv been researching for a bit now and have absorbed just enough info to be dangerous.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
I'm Noooo expert for sure but did you modify the pump housing by drilling the holes to let fuel in? Iv been researching for a bit now and have absorbed just enough info to be dangerous.
No I have not, please do tell me more. I have heard nothing of this drilling. how in the world would I know what exactly to drill on it? any pictures of where to drill?

I need help, I'm tired of driving it with only a 1/4 of the tank that runs right!
Old 06-27-2014, 12:56 AM
11 Second Club

Okay, so I just researched some more on this drilling of the holes of the bucket but I'm confused. Everyting I see is that 99-up fbodies have the pump inside the bucket and mine is a 98.

Crap! I bought this pump last August and don't even remember where I ordered it from since my car sat for like 5 months while the motor was rebuilt and reinstalled.

If drilling is needed, can someone give me more details regarding it?
Old 06-27-2014, 01:17 AM
11 Second Club

You need to contact Lonnie. He is a sponser here on LS1 Tech. Lonnie designs & builds stock & custom fuel systems for LS1 Cars. He is the Best !

Heres the link to his site...http://www.lonniesperformance.com/
Old 06-27-2014, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Work didn't gimme time to call Lonnie today. I'll try to do so Monday I guess.

Anybody else that can help with this?

Quick Reply: 340 fuel pump pro's step in!