Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from Ga

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Ga

Been lurking for a while and came to join so I could participate more. My main over all interest is learning about what I'll need to super charge a LS motor. While these cars look huge the engine bays are crammed with a 462 and narrow frame rails so I think super charged will fit better than a turbo with all the piping.

What car you may ask? This one:

She's huge but beautiful in my eyes! I'm hoping for a 600ish HP with low end torque in her and think an LS would fit easier than a big block F**D (not sure I can use that word here) and I'm a Chevy man at heart.
Stock she puts out around 480 ft/lbs at only 2800 RPM but a wimpy 340 HP at 4600 RPM so I need an engine with some low end torque but don't want to do all this work to make an engine that is close to stock out put. That's why I'm thinking a FI engine with about 550-600ish HP and matching torque would really wake this thing up, after all she'll never be a race car at 5000Lbs and my budget but doing some bad *** burnouts slammed to the ground would certainly get her some attention!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love that Lincoln! Welcome to LS1tech - can't wait to see you start the swap!
Old 06-27-2014, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome car! I had one slip through my fingers on craigslist recently. What part of GA?
Old 06-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Joey- I can't wait also. Been doing lots of reading and seems that a small block can make plenty of power to move this thing if built right. And the smaller block size should make it easy to fit. There's a few engine swaps on the web for these cars and they never seem to reach completion, I don't want me to be one of those people.

Scored her for $4500 in great original shape. Previous guy had it for years and had big plans but no $ and no mechanical knowledge so it sat in his garage for quite a while. Fixed simple things like turn signals, fuel gauge (need that in this car) and replaced Timing chain, timing gears, lifters, fuel pump and new carb. Runs great now but she's old and I want something with more power and after market parts for these are non-existent as Lincoln only made these for two years.
Bagged it myself and headed for a quick paint update soon (stock color no jambs or under hood/ trunk lid) just so she isn't full of door dings and paint chips from 48 years of parking lots.

Budracing- I'm fairly close, located in Peachtree City. Sorry you missed out on one, they are cool cars and get lots of attention.

It will be a while before I get this started since there is so much to learn. I don't want to spend a fortune but want reliability also (guessing about $10-12,000.) Of course that won't include new tranny, drive shaft and rear end. So far I'm thinking a LQ4 block for durability but there is so much to figure out and so many different blocks and heads that I still have much to learn. This site has been very helpful and have already increased my knowledge tons.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:57 PM
TECH Junkie

To match some of the low end torque of the original engine, the 6.0L is a good choice. 10-12k is a healthy budget for an LS swap.

BTW, my girlfriend's parents live off if Redwine just east of the Braelinn shopping area.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:45 AM
Teching In

From reading here I figured I wasn't getting off to cheap with a reliable blown motor. That's really close to me, probably a couple of minutes. You'll have to stop by with that lowered, loud CTS-V, I love those cars. Do you have build thread about it some where?
Old 06-30-2014, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 66slabside
From reading here I figured I wasn't getting off to cheap with a reliable blown motor. That's really close to me, probably a couple of minutes. You'll have to stop by with that lowered, loud CTS-V, I love those cars. Do you have build thread about it some where?
Nah, no build really. It's just a DD.

Quick Reply: New guy from Ga