Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help with t6 kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with t6 kit

So I'm sort of going a different direction in my build. Originally it was a 408 on a large shot of nitrous. Now I'm thinking I'm done with nitrous and want boost.

I was told a t4 would basically run out of rpm and steam and I would be wasting my money. So if anyone would like to chime in on that it would be great.

Also if a t4 isn't an option, where ru guys buying your t6 kits at? Was looking at Huron and on3 but didn't see t6 kits. Lmk what you guys think
Old 07-01-2014, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone anyone?!?!
Old 07-01-2014, 11:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The turbine is the bigger restriction not the housing. Though a T6 kit woud be better suited for future upgrades and costs of them. PM Camaro9969 and look up his thread and his thread on my car that he is building currently (See Sig).
Old 07-01-2014, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow i just read most of that. skipped a few pages here and there but got most of it. only thing with his set up is that his buddy made the kit. thats not really an option for me since i dont know anyone
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

He can make you one
Old 07-02-2014, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I actually talked to him but I think he's asking a little too much for his kit. Price isn't outrageous but it's around the prices of the shop kits. I'm wanting to go with the pt88 or something along those lines. My motor is a built 408
Old 07-02-2014, 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

I wouldn't go pt88 when there are much better options for the same price or less. The BW units ie S475, S476, S480, S482 are a good option. You also have the gt91 and 88's. the 4788 is a option.

Best to call a vendor and see what they recommend for your setup.

Doug isn't giving his stuff away but he is very fair on pricing for the material and quality that you receive. I asked all the big name vendors on here last year for price quotes for what he is building me and they were all outrageous to say the least with the exception of Turbo Joe at Straightline but I had no way of getting my car to Chicago.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huron speed has informed me recently on plans to release a t6 kit in the near future, pricing sounds pretty decent as well. Email them for info, also drop a note to encourage a group buy for their release of the product to help the others currently searching find a good deal.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

i talked to huron speed and they are some great guys. the only thing i am not too crazy about is the exhaust exits out the front bumper. not 100% how i feel about that.

ac is deleted and the black box, crusie control, abs and a lot of wires are tucked so i do have a little room to play with. just looking at options out there.

if a t4 would work i would go with it but people and companies are telling me with a 408 the power would start to decline and fall off above 5k rpm. and i want something better than an ebay kit as i dont want to have to modify things. im not too handy in tat department
Old 07-08-2014, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Huron wouldnt fab up a downpipe that routed the exhaust out the back? Depending on which turbo you choose I would think they could run a 4" downpipe through your k-member so you can run the exhaust out the back.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jefro6996
Huron wouldnt fab up a downpipe that routed the exhaust out the back? Depending on which turbo you choose I would think they could run a 4" downpipe through your k-member so you can run the exhaust out the back.
For our "kits" that get shipped out, we will supply the 4" downpipes to go out the front bumper. For custom in house projects we can do whatever you like as we have the vehicle here to work on. A 4" down pipe is a tight fit, even with a special k-member. With that said if we offered a 4" through the k-member in our kits, every customer would have to run the same K-member for it to fit correctly and it would not allow for any difference in cars without customers having possible banging or rubbing issues which we do not want to have happen. Being so many cars out there already have aftermarket k-members, the out the bumper option is the very best option for our kits if you want a kit purchased and shipped. If you want a kit shipped and a 4" exhaust out the back, you can always use the down pipe we supply as a starting point (it will give you all of your flanges and most of the piping already) and have a local shop modify it to run out the back fitted to your vehicle and k-member.

Our new T6 kit will be released shortly, just making sure it is 100% first... will be an amazing kit and priced to be a no brainer purchase!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 07-08-2014, 09:14 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have made a few T6 framed kits I would say that you might find there aren't any cheaper production type options for a few reasons.

- Packaging is more difficult and the end user would probably have to do more modification than many are comfortable with
- Less demand
- More fab time adding to the cost especially a non bumper exit exhaust for reason like mentioned above.

I am sure Huron will release a solid reasonably priced kit though to support the community.

Last edited by ablakez28; 07-08-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome. I can't wait for those kits to come out. If you have a pre order sale please send me a pm. Id like to talk to you guys a little more about this.

Quick Reply: Help with t6 kit