Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

car runs like crap multiple codes. help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car runs like crap multiple codes. help!!!!

ok, im having trouble with my car running like crap heres whats going on.....the car starts,idles fine just has no power. a/f gauge reads very lean like in the 14.5:1 all the way up to a 20.0:1. its kinda a intermittent thing but has grown to be all the time. the car did see a bit of run time with open headers so i was wondering if the o2 sensors got burnt up but i dont think thats it cause after the exhaust was put back on it seemed ok however the problem started very soon after.

these are the codes its throwing
p0102
p0103
p0200
p0418

so far ive checked fuses for the injectors, checked connectors to injectors to see that they are all plugged in and ive cleaned the maf but havent drove it yet. i wouldnt think a dirty maf would throw the p0200 and make it run so horrible. i did unplug the iat and the a/f cleared up at part throttle but went way rich and would stumble bad at wot. could a bad iat or bad o2 sensor cause lean readings? also at wot the a/f will clear up a bit to 14.5:1 to 14.2:1, idling and part throttle its in the 17.1:1 to 19.1:1. the a/f is through a narrow band but its been very close to when a wideband was on it for tuning.

the car will intermittently do it. but i had ordered a new fuel pump(racetronix) for it and put it in and the first few starts it was fine, power was back and a/f was back good. now the same thing. did a fuel pressure test and key on its 50psi, idle its bouncing at 60-70psi and wot and throughout rpms is steady at 60psi. i switched the maf out with my trucks and it didt help either. any ideas on this?
Old 07-12-2014, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could it be a bad 02 even though there was no codes for it? the a/f clears up when i give it some gas.

Last edited by jt_2002_ta; 07-12-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Quick Reply: car runs like crap multiple codes. help!!!!