Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

some one please help no power for fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some one please help no power for fuel pump

I just got done doing my ls swap and wiring it up, I used a diy bp automotive harness set up.

When I first wired up the fuel pump wire I used pin number 50 from the red harness plug on the computer (fuel pump relay contorl) and it had power with the key on and working right like it should using a test light to check it. So then I turned the master power switch off ran the wire to the fuel pump. Then it started raining so I went inside to eat came back out and finished the ground wire, turned the master switch back on went to start it an nothing.

No power to my relay from the computer no power to the pump, everything else has power but not the relay. The consist 12v power has power at the relay but none of the other post have power so I checked my soldier connection its good pulled the red plug off the computer and check the pin inside the computer and nothing. But I can bypass it and run a power wire from the battery and the pump works and the truck fires right up.

Dose anyone know what could be going on? My computer take a crap, or maybe tune the computer different or something. I have no idea whats going on.

Please help im tryIng to get the truck running by Saturday. I know I could run a separate relay and put it on a toggle switch but I would rather have it in with the rest of my wires.

Thanks derick.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Teching In

Most computers switch to ground.

On that basis I'd check the feed you're using from the computer isn't actually a ground, which would mean you should have power at the relay waiting for the computer to complete the circuit.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:49 AM
Teching In

Yes I do have power at the relay all the time. Its the power from the computer to the relay I am not getting.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:40 AM
Teching In

Are you sure the computer should be supplying power and not the ground return?

Quick Reply: some one please help no power for fuel pump