Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fluctuating Voltage Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fluctuating Voltage Problem

Hey guys, so i'm having a problem with my voltage. So while im driving my voltage gauge will fluctuate and drop way lower than it should be and the check gauges light will come on. It will drop low enough that the radio will cut in and out and my aftermarket gauge pod will flicker and my headlights and gauges in the dash have even gone out. Originally i thought this may have been an alternator problem but i just got a new one and it still does this. I have not yet figured out a pattern to this but it seems do it mostly when the car is running and maybe consistently when downshifting. I'm thinking i could maybe have a ground problem but doubt it because this has kinda came out of nowhere. The car does have a cam and does have trouble idling when cold if the A/C is on (even though it has been tuned by FROST, is this normal? **side note**) Anyway any input or thoughts on what my problem is would be great! Thanks guys.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump!
Old 07-23-2014, 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the exciter wire that runs to the top of the alt for splitting. Also check your grounds. Sometimes the battery terminals will get corrosion on them and you will lose your ground.

Quick Reply: Fluctuating Voltage Problem