Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 camaro SS issues after spark plug install

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 01:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 camaro SS issues after spark plug install

Hey guys, I have a 98 camaro SS m6 86k bolt ons and I recently changed my spark plugs and wires and now it sounds like its missing so often at idle. And if I'm in a higher gear at around 1200-1500 it bucks really bad. But if I put my foot to floor it stops immediately. My fuel pump and or fuel pressure regulator or both have been starting to fail, and I have them ordered and should be here soon. But they were starting to go before I did my plugs/wires Im not getting any ses codes I've replaced my o2s cleaned my maf and it has a new fuel filter less then 1000 miles on it. I've made sure all of the plugs are tight and have good connection with the wires. The only thing that I didn't do during the plug install was check the recheck the gap they said they were pre gapped but I feel I may have made a noob move there I went with ngk tr55s and Bosch wires any suggestions will be very appreciated!
Old 07-20-2014, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

Always check gap I have had some pregapped plugs be off. I would start there. Also look at the plugs for any cracks in the porcelain. If dropped they can get tiny cracks that will effect them
Old 07-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Teching In

I think I'm gonna just order another set. Cause those sat in my garage for about 4 or 5 months so they definitely could've fallen or so on I'm doing my longtube install within the next few weeks and ill make sure I check the gap this time
Old 07-20-2014, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

What size long tubes? I did 1 3/4 and wish I went bigger. Now I will have to do it all over again.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Teching In

I did the 1 7/8 ones from speed engineering they look great and my friend has been running them on his z28 for about 5 months now and they look brand new

Quick Reply: 98 camaro SS issues after spark plug install