Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Fender paint rubbed off from front tire rub; what is the inexpensive way to fix this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fender paint rubbed off from front tire rub; what is the inexpensive way to fix this?

I have a 2002 Z28 with front 18 inch tires (P285/40ZR18s) that rubbed whenever I backed up at an angle. The rubbing has rubbed off the paint on the rear of the front fenders. After I switch to the proper P275/35ZR18s front tires, I will not want to see that rubbed off area. What is the proper way to fix that rubbed off area? Will I have to get the front fenders repainted or is there a way to just get that specific rubbed off area repainted? What is the cheapest and cleanest solution? Thank you in advance for any info.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

if its just the inner fender where the tire rubbed you should be able to buy a rattle can of single stage paint that matches your paint code at autozone or oreilly's and blend it in to the rest of the paint for 10.00 or less... It may not be perfect but wont be noticed unless someone looks very close.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by idahoz28
if its just the inner fender where the tire rubbed you should be able to buy a rattle can of single stage paint that matches your paint code at autozone or oreilly's and blend it in to the rest of the paint for 10.00 or less... It may not be perfect but wont be noticed unless someone looks very close.
Agreed. That would be the cheap fix. The best way to fix it is to take it to a body shop where they can sand down that specific problem area, prime it, and repaint it using high quality paint. Since it is in the wheel well area, it will encounter lots of rocks and road debris, which rattle-can paint isn't known for being very protective against.

Quick Reply: Fender paint rubbed off from front tire rub; what is the inexpensive way to fix this?