Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accel dfi gen7 help

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accel dfi gen7 help

Sup , I have an DFI gen7 but not for LS1 . I have heard I could get the adapter for the ignition and the crank signal decoder box so i could use it on the LS1 . But they told me I would have to send the box for reflash . The upgrade to make it able to use it on the ls1 is like 1K . And I was wondering if I could use an fast 4x triger relay and an edist box and just modify the dfi harness a little . Where does the cam and crank signal goes ? To the dfi box and from there to the edist or the other way or each one get the same signal ? I didn't like the idea to have diferent boxes and i was even thinking on going with the BS3 but it doesn't have nitrous control ( from what i have read ) and i needed 2 stage dry nitrous . One other thing i see see why the box would need an reflash . I can adjust anything i want on the dfi and put it for custome ignition setup etc.. and i can put the fireing order I want . So is there something I am missing here ? I am just trying to save a little penny here cause I live in Aruba and to send the box isn't that cheap . I have this dfi cause I used it on my 4.3L v6 with the v8 harness . Sorry for my bad english .
Geomar
Old 05-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Teching In

You don't need to have the computer reflashed to use it on an LS1. You can download the latest version of the DFI programming software, set the ignition to the LS1 preset and be done with that part. However, you do need to get a hold of something to convert the high res crank signal into something that the DFI can understand. I don't know if DFI sells the LS1 Ignition module separately or not. You could try a dealer and see if they will sell you one, or see if an edist would work. Whatever you use to convert the crank signal, it will go between the crank sensor and the DFI crank input, taking the signal in from the crank sensor, and feeding the modified signal out to the DFI.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:46 AM
Staging Lane

thanx man , I realy apreciate it
Old 05-21-2004, 07:16 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The FAST E-Dist doesn't process the crank signal. The only system currently on the market that uses the factory cam and crank position sensors is the Accel DFI unit.

Your going to need to ask if they'll just sell the LS1 DFI module and harness.

Ryan K.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Staging Lane

I asked them how much it would cost for the dfi extra stuffs and it would be like 1K . I could do it for alot cheaper then that with an edist and fast crank decoder .
Geomar
Old 05-21-2004, 10:21 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Fast eDIST is $300 and the crank decoder is $140 (suggested retail).

I'm about to wire both into the car. I currently have a Carket hybrid box that they invented a few years ago, it allowed me to run the FAST to controll fuel but not timing.