Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Camaro Z-28 Secondary fuel pump relay behind headlight switch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 Camaro Z-28 Secondary fuel pump relay behind headlight switch?

Hey guys, My Z-28/SS decided to crap out on me and all of the sudden wont fire up at all.

Verified 0 lbs fuel pressure @ rail.
Verified underhood relay is in proper working condition.

I don't even drive this car, its unregistered, but it fired up a couple , three weeks ago.

Took driver's side kick panel off to check the other relay, and its not there. I have 2 LT1 cars, which is why I looked for the other relay in that location.

I called my local GM dealer - and they mentioned that in their diagram, its showing a second relay in the dash somewhere on the driver's side, possibly behind the headlight switch.

Is this right?

Anything else I should check before I get the cut-out wheel out and put a racetronix kit in it?
Old 08-12-2014, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its probably your fuel pump, but its always good to eliminate the small things first. I have an 01 Z28 I just changed the fuel pump on and I didnt even consider the relays. In short, USUALLY its not an electrical problem....pumps fail eventually and its probably your time.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

no 2nd relay

http://www.lt1swap.com/pictures/6_bcm_fuelpump.gif

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro Z-28 Secondary fuel pump relay behind headlight switch?