Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New here. Hello

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here. Hello

Hi guys. I wanted to drop in here and read up on all this info that's needed for these LS engines. I'm in the process of clearancing the brake booster in my Mustang GT to fit the 5.4 32 valve Lincoln Navigator motor. However, a friend of mine is a big fan of sloppy mechanic on YouTube. So he's looking for a swap candidate as well as sourcing the engine, trans, ECU, and harness to basically copy him. I love the videos that show Monte Carlo's, IROC's, RX7's, Nissans, small trucks, and other rare vehicles swapping over to the LS motor. I can't really understand people doing it to fox bodied Mustangs though. If it were a 4 cylinder fox body I would understand. But the expense needed (for most people) just to get the LS into the fox body would put the small block ford over 500 hp N/A.

We have lots of options at the wrecking yards where I live. I bought a spare Navigator motor just to have a core to build up while my other Navigator motor drops into my daily driver. The beautiful thing about the Navigator engine is the fact that it shares its head casting with the GT500, as well as having a forged crank that LOVES to spin 8,000 rpms. So hopefully we can find something comparable for the money on the LS platform for my friend and his upcoming project.

Thanks for your time guys. Have a good day.

Quick Reply: New here. Hello