Sponsored by:

help me get to 360 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me get to 360 rwhp

my short list of mods right now includes:
Long tubes, off road x pipe, bullet mufflers (under the axle true duals)
whisper lid, k&n, most of the free mods and the NOS 5177 kit. In a nut shell without really needing a tune i made 340 rwhp a tad less in torque (SAE Corrected). So the car is running strong, im happy with it but id like to get into the 355-365 rwhp range. I was thinking about installing a 02 zo6 cam i've heard you can get a few ponies from that, and perhaps a UD pulley.

My concern with a cam is A. Tuning...im going to try to do this on a budget (money goes to engagement ring fund and college bills mostly), and B. what i would need to run a zo6 cam safely.

I like the idea of the zo6 cam cause it produces power higher up in the rpm range right? so id be using that extra power right at the same time the juice goes into effect?
just looking for some opinions on what i should do next to gain a few more ponies. what parts and tinker toys will need to go with it to make it work (IE cam, springs, pushrods , tune etc.)

Thanks for the input/help in advance
Travis
Old 05-22-2004, 10:24 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

tr224 114 , get the complete kit and install it yourself. otherwises factor in another 350 bucks or so. i never saw the point of going through all the trouble of a camswap only to install something like the ls6 cam :dunno:. you'll want a tune with the 224 but stock tune will be acceptible until you can afford tuning.