Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anyone ran just an aftermarket Y pipe with stock manifolds+stock catback?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 09:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default has anyone ran just an aftermarket Y pipe with stock manifolds+stock catback?

just as the title states, ive been searching all over youtube and cant find anyone who ran stock manifolds with a 3in y pipe into a stock catback. if anyone has a video that can show me that would be great
Old 08-23-2014, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not worth it I mean you might get a little bit of sound out of it but you will gain hardly nothing with Just y pipe if your going to do it then go with long tubs
Old 08-23-2014, 11:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99 ss
It's not worth it I mean you might get a little bit of sound out of it but you will gain hardly nothing with Just y pipe if your going to do it then go with long tubs
thats all im really looking for, i know i wont gain much but i didnt really want to do longtubes on the 2nd ss for daily driving
Old 08-24-2014, 05:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will then Slp sells there y pipe you can check with them
Old 08-24-2014, 06:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just removed my SLP y-pipe. It is a direct replacement And I am looking to sell mine now.
Thanks
Old 08-24-2014, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by SSickLS1SS
thats all im really looking for, i know i wont gain much but i didnt really want to do longtubes on the 2nd ss for daily driving
why not get a cat back or cutout?
Old 08-25-2014, 10:07 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd also do the SLP y-pipe if I did not want to touch the manifolds and cats (actually, that's what I did on my '01 Z28 -- but I also had a Loudmouth).

My buddy has long tubes and ORY going into the stock catback on his 2000 T/A. It's a nice rumble, but definitely comfortable if worried about being too loud for a DD. He also installed a cutout where the I-pipe goes into the merge to bring it to life when necessary
Old 08-25-2014, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I'd also do the SLP y-pipe if I did not want to touch the manifolds and cats (actually, that's what I did on my '01 Z28 -- but I also had a Loudmouth).

My buddy has long tubes and ORY going into the stock catback on his 2000 T/A. It's a nice rumble, but definitely comfortable if worried about being too loud for a DD. He also installed a cutout where the I-pipe goes into the merge to bring it to life when necessary
Actually do you have a video of long tubes and y going into the stock catback? Bc I might want to do that as well as long as it's not too loud bc I come home late and don't want to wake up the neighborhood
Old 08-25-2014, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You have the CME on that car don't you? It will pick up some sound for sure with an off road Y if that's what you're after, should sound good but it won't be too loud. Especially on stock manifolds, I have LT's and off road Y through the CME, not very loud unless you hammer on it.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
You have the CME on that car don't you? It will pick up some sound for sure with an off road Y if that's what you're after, should sound good but it won't be too loud. Especially on stock manifolds, I have LT's and off road Y through the CME, not very loud unless you hammer on it.
yes i do, i have 2 SOMs with CME. do you have any sound clips of yours?

Quick Reply: has anyone ran just an aftermarket Y pipe with stock manifolds+stock catback?