Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Auto down from remote.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto down from remote.

Can someone help me and give me some instructions on how to make the windows roll down from the keyless entry remote. I have auto down on both windows, but i need help with the remote roll down.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

First, how about some additional info? How did you get auto down on both windows - using a DEI module or some other window control module? Have you done the progressive door lock mod? Do you have an aftermarket alarm system or just the factory alarm/keyless entry system? I assume you want the windows to go down when you unlock the car (probably a dumb question but I suppose there might be someone who wants them to go down when he locks the car )

Basically, you're going to want to do the progressive door lock mod and then use the second press of the unlock button on the remote as an extra channel that can trigger the window module to put the windows down. The actual wire colors used will vary depending on the answers to the above questions.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
First, how about some additional info? How did you get auto down on both windows - using a DEI module or some other window control module? Have you done the progressive door lock mod? Do you have an aftermarket alarm system or just the factory alarm/keyless entry system? I assume you want the windows to go down when you unlock the car (probably a dumb question but I suppose there might be someone who wants them to go down when he locks the car )

Basically, you're going to want to do the progressive door lock mod and then use the second press of the unlock button on the remote as an extra channel that can trigger the window module to put the windows down. The actual wire colors used will vary depending on the answers to the above questions.
Ok the auto down was done with the GM module. I have not done the progressive lock mod yet, dunno exacttly how. Factory alarm. Yes i want them to roll down when i press unlock twice.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by black96ws6
Ok the auto down was done with the GM module. I have not done the progressive lock mod yet, dunno exacttly how. Factory alarm. Yes i want them to roll down when i press unlock twice.
First, a disclaimer... all following information is for LS1 F-bodies (98-02); it may or may not work on earlier models but it's all the information I have (this is, after all, LS1TECH ).

The following is from the FAQ at LS1.COM - Keven says it far better than I could:

Progressive Doorlock Bypass

For those of you who dont know...progressive door locks is when you hit the unlock button on the remote once to unlock the drivers door and then hit it again to unlock the passenger door. These instruction are on how to bypass it so that both doors unlock on the first press. The second press of the button will now be an extra channel giving you the abitlity to control other options such as remote start, window roll down, turn on radio, whatever you can think of that needs a pulse to activate.

1. Look under the glove box. You will see a black panel that covers everything above it. There are two clips right at the base of the glovebox that holds the front side of the panel up. Remove these to clips so that the panels hangs down giving you access to the wires above it.

2. Look for a green plug. There will be five wires in it. -Orange/Black stripe -Red/black stripe -Grey/Black stripe -Tan -Grey

3. Unplug the harness. The female side is the bigger side and is light green. The male side is the smaller side and is dark green. You will be working with the female side.

4. Cut the grey/black stripe wire on the female side.

5. You should now have a short length of wire going back into the female plug and the other side goes back into the wiring of the car. Splice the side going back into the plug with the Tan wire.

6. The wire that goes back into your car is now your extra channel on your alarm. Its is a 12V pulse.

Most remote starts and window modules need just a pulse to activate. This will give it to you now from the factory alarm. Installation of these components would be done just as if there were an aftermarket alarm except that you would hook the trigger wire to the grey/black wire that is left over.

Since doing mine originally Ive found that some cars just have a green plug going directly into the BCM. Wires are the same color. You just need to verify which side is the output to the locks with a voltmeter.
I am not familiar with a GM kit for the power windows (the DEI 530T module is more common) so you will have to check your documentation to find which wire(s) can be used to respond to a trigger pulse to roll down both windows.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Teching In

The Gm one is just using the module that controls the driver auto down and installing one on the pass side. thanx for the info on the door lock bypass. Anyone else help me with the auto down from remote, im getting closer.

Quick Reply: Auto down from remote.