Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

filter regulator question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default filter regulator question

I have 95 impala ss that im doing a ls swap on im going to use the corvette filter regulator but I want to keep the stock lines I want to mount filter inside of engine bay on inner fender but would like to just connect my factory return and feed lines into the filter regulator and ten plumb a small short piece of hose from filter regulator to fuel rail.

my question is in order for me to do this I would need to retain the original oem IMPALA SS filter which goes in line mounted to the frame at rear of car. Would I be able to run both filters inline without there being a restriction or a problem?

ive run 2 filters before and after on a1000 pump builds but never 2 filters on the feed line before so I don't know if this will function correctly and give me the amount of fuel needed.

another question I have what size is the line coming off the returlness fuel rails on a 02 z28 is it 3/8 or 5/16" as I was trying to find the russel 2 piece fitting that goes on the fuel rail but cant find the number now, also whats the part number for the male push fitting that goes onto outlet of filter regulator so that I can run -6 line to rail from filter?

any help with this would be thankful.

hopefully I will be able to use my idea without having to fab up a complete fuel system and line from rear of car forward. trying to be as frugal as can be, I personaly don't see any reason why 2 filters in line would be an issue unless one of them is clogged, also Ive tried thinking about deleting the OEM stock filter in the rear but that would require aome sort of male/male push type tube looking straight fitting which I can find anywere....

please help
Old 10-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

can anyone help me with this.....
Old 10-27-2014, 07:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

These are the Russell push lock fittings listed by Summit.
http://www.summitracing.com/search?S...EFI%20fittings
Old 10-31-2014, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

I got the fittings but does anyone know if I can run 2 filters on the feed without any issues.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

The ? boils down to why...
We have many swaps running w/ the intank sock, the Vette filter, and all's well.

Quick Reply: filter regulator question