Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hey guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys

I'm a new member with a 1996 Impala SS. I am the original owner and I call it the "Batmobile". It has taken me 18 years (wasted time) to finally open the door to new and increased power. I don't know what I was waiting for.
Here's the story: I had my car recently on the lift for an oil change and my new mechanic (a lot younger than me) advised me that I had a hole in one of my (original) mufflers. Well before I knew it he talked me into magnaflow mufflers. What a beautiful sound. Next he said to let him make an X pipe for more balanced pressure. Next he removed the regulators (now a slight drone sound but I can live with it). Before I knew it I purchased a cold air intake (K&N).
It's amazing that I feel like a kid again with a new toy. Now I'm being told to get a mass airflow sensor and a chip. All this without touching the engine. Probably have an additional 30 hp. "Why did I wait so long". I'm a 65 year old man with a heavy foot and I love driving again.
Looking forward to hearing from guys and welcome any comments.
No, I am not gonna buy an LS engine. Unless of course my LT1 dies.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe! It was great getting to know you this week and I want to thank you for letting me behind the wheel of your "baby." I realize that is a privileged seat. You helped me fulfill a fantasy of mine - putting my right foot down inside of a 7th Generation Impala SS. Thanks Buddy! Enjoy your time here at LS1Tech.

(And guys - don't listen to his talk about LS1s... I already have him cruising the Forced Induction forum checking out turboed LM7s... )
Old 10-29-2014, 03:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Keep us in mind if you need any parts or have any tech questions. Just shoot us an email at support@tickperformance.com or call us here at the shop - 336.719.0599

Quick Reply: Hey guys