Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 longblock package

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 04:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 longblock package

i'm pretty new to ls1tech, i've read here before but never posted. i have a pretty straight forward question.

i'm pretty new to ls1's although i've always been an advocate of the engine. i'm starting a project soon and i need to do a lot of research. the project is the ls1 conversion mazda rx-7, details can be found at www.hinsonsupercars.com.

i tend to only know the very biggest of company names like lingenfelter, doug rippie, dynotech, agostino ect. the problem is that the longblock packages cost more than my whole car.

what or where do you guys recommend sourcing my work and longblock from? i'm in southern california if that matters. i also can't do my own work because i'm in college and i don't have time, tools or space (hence why i'm asking for a source of work and hardware).

i'm looking for 346ci. strengthened bottom end and extensive top end work. that's all. compression can be stock or slightly more than stock.

something like this: http://www.dynotech-eng.com/ls1_ls6_350.htm
or this: http://www.dougrippie.com/ (top end ls1 motor)
or this: http://www.agostino-racing.com/packa...ng1&sm=sm2_hp3

all these packages are missing things here and there and come with stuff i don't really need, like exhaust system and intake, but you guys get the general idea of the kinda numbers i wanna pull.

any helps is really appreciated.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

How much horsepower? Power adder? Hell you can get a good 346 with forged rods, and a prepped stock crank for less then $3K from some of the builders on here. If you want more power, then go with a stroker with a forged crank. Add a set of stage 2 heads, and a good camshaft, and your looking at $6k total. Just depends on how much power you want to make, and what kind of parts you want to use to get there.

Speed is just a question of money....How fast do you want to go?

Let me recommend Chuck Anders at Horsepower Engineering, he has two shops, is a graduate of S.A.M. and always has the right answers when I ask a question about my beast. They are listed on the sponsors list as HPE.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:39 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

APE forged 347 - 2500 + block/crank core (price good till the end of the month)
your choice of h/c - all depends on what your looking for

Don Lee's Auto or GenIII performance (sponsor) can do all the installs for you. what part of socal are you in?
Old 05-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Teching In

i guess i'm lookin' for about 450hp to the ground naturally aspirated, i don't want to have to go stand alone ecu. but fast ss on tt sounds like he's got the kinda idea i have, i'm in los angeles. btw you guys are awesome, this is some of the best info i've gotten yet.

Last edited by trinydex; 05-26-2004 at 11:34 AM.