Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E Problem

Looked all throughout site and couldn't find solutions for my trans problem. I know that there is a solution somewhere, I just can't find it. I have a 4L60E in my 2000 Z28. Nothing done to transmission (stall, shift kit, etc) and am having issues. In overdrive, as I'm driving in 4th gear, I give it a little gas to get it to downshift into 3rd (going up a hill, for example) but for some reason it seems like it is getting "stuck" in-between 3rd and 4th. the car jerks forward and back until I give it either a lot more gas or completely back out of it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 12-08-2014, 07:23 PM

Received 390 Likes on 299 Posts

Since the problem is sensitive to throttle position, I would first suspect a MAF, MAP or TPS sensor problem. Sometimes just cleaning the MAF clears up problems.
You can also disconnect the MAF; if that cures the problem you know you have a MAF problem. Make sure there is no vacuum leak around the MAP and that the TPS connections are tight with no corrosion.
After that, I would hook up a pressure gauge to the trans and watch the pressure during the shifting problem.
You could also remove the servo to replace the seals. While rebuilding the servo is easy, it is difficult to remove the servo in an F-body - the rear of the trans has to be dropped quite far to make room for the servo removal.
Just some ideas for you to think about.

Quick Reply: 4L60E Problem