Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2002 Camaro Z28 for sale (Many mods)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Camaro Z28 for sale (Many mods)

Year: 2002
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $6500
Mileage: 163000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MD
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Here’s the deal guys…

I bought this 2002 z28 from my boss back in 2011. The car was in great shape, and I spent the next two years having modifications done to it. The following is a list of modifications that have been done to the car, and it is far from stock:

RPM Cam Package (Cam, springs, rods, oil pimp, etc)
Transmission Rebuild by Harrison's transmission
3600 RPM Stall
Texas Speed 1 7/8 inch headers
3 inch off road y-pipe
New LED Headlights
BluTooth Head Unit with USB out
Epoxy painted calipers
H&R 25 mm wheel spacers
Strano Custom Springs
Strano Sway Bars 35/22
UMI panhard
Koni 4/4s
SLP lid
SLP CAI
Texas Speed Catback
NGK iridium plugs
MSD 8.5 wires
ipod interface
CDT components doors and pillars
Kicker 6.5” subs (2)
Boston acoustic rears
FATMAT throughout rear and doors
Complete LED conversion
LED courtesy lights

In November of last year, a split second last of judgment caused me to wreck the car. It was a front end impact as I rear ended another car going about 15-18 MPH. This was in a 25 MPH speed limit zone, and the person had actually backed out of an “invisible” drive way while I was looking down for a split second. And that’s all it took. After the incident, the car was inspected, and damage was limited to the front clip. The insurance company considered this damage to be enough for it to be a total loss. After their judgment, I accepted the payout for the car, which was roughly $7000 (this does not take into account any of the modifications, since it’s not “supposed” to have modifications, and would not be insured for them anyways). I used part of this money to buy the car back, and most of the rest to have the front clip replaced and all of the repairs done. The car was fully repaired, and I acquired it again this year.

I live in Maryland, where a car has to be inspected if it’s considered to be salvaged. I ended up in the following predicament; the car has no cats, and allot of mods. Anyone who knows Maryland’s laws can see that I basically have a race car, but nothing more. I can’t get it inspected, or tags for it. I do not own a trailer and do not have a way to take it to the track. I would prefer to keep the car, honestly, but at this point I don’t see a way I could even use it.

The car is ALMOST race ready. It really needs some wider wheels and stickier tires, and maybe taller gears. Other than that, I would speculate it would be a fast track car, most definitely in the 11’s.
If you’re a serious buyer I can provide all of the receipts for any engine/transmission work. You can get a better idea of what the car sound and looks like in the videos and pictures below. Let me know if you need any more information.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdOW...ature=youtu.be

Pictures:

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro Z28 for sale (Many mods)