Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTB 98-02 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB 98-02 Trans Am

Hello Everyone, I’m new here on LS1 and I am looking to buy my first Trans am. I have owned a 94’ Firebird since my first car, so I am ready to upgrade. I am/will be in the market for a 98-02 Trans Am M6 as a daily driver, so no heavy modded cars. I will be looking to buy around the month of March. I am not looking for any really specific Trans Am, but I am a little picky. Being a manual and the price are the biggest factors.
I am not looking for a perfect car; the exterior can be a little scratched in a few places or have the clear coat coming off a little. The interior needs to be good though. No door cracks or seat rips but a little dash crack is ok, it has happened in my bird.
Need to be fairly low mileage, like under 130k. Color desired is Red, Black or Silver/Beige. I may go with a different color, just depends on the price. Convertible is a nice plus.
My price range goes like this; a totally stock car I would pay around 6k but I do consider the aftermarket parts that are on it and if it is a WS6. Max price 10k, Firm.
Located in eastern Ky.
Email me at bradbury91@roadrunner.com, comment below, or PM me.
Thanks everyone.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure what you consider heavy modded but I'll throw it out there anyways. I have another one that I could always swap some parts over if need be.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...s-am-vert.html
Old 01-27-2015, 05:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Streetlegal?
Not sure what you consider heavy modded but I'll throw it out there anyways. I have another one that I could always swap some parts over if need be.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...s-am-vert.html
I consider heavily modded like; turboed, caged, swapped motor, etc. Your car is pretty much where I would want my car, mechanically. However the things like the AC delete, ABS delete, and no sunvisors make the car impractical for my daily driving. You car is really nice though and wholly crap that engine bay is gorgeous. Good luck selling it.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrBrownPants
I consider heavily modded like; turboed, caged, swapped motor, etc. Your car is pretty much where I would want my car, mechanically. However the things like the AC delete, ABS delete, and no sunvisors make the car impractical for my daily driving. You car is really nice though and wholly crap that engine bay is gorgeous. Good luck selling it.
Well like I said in my other reply I have another one that I can swap stuff back in if need be. Other one is stock besides lowering springs and shocks. Sunvisors would be easy, ABS a little more difficult abd AC couldn't happen. Honestly with a convertible I never once used the AC, in either car, I would just put the top down. ABS is understandable, I just wanted to clean up and simplify the engine bay as much as possible.

But thanks on the bay put a lot of work into it haha
Old 02-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

i have a 2001 trans am id consider parting with. im in illinois. its mostly stock besides wheels and flowmaster muffler. it has some scratches an dents on the outside. its not a perfect car but it is reliable and i daily drive it in the summer months. its pewter in color, ls1 with 160k, 6speed, t-tops, black leather seats, ram air package, 17in torque thrust 2s, 17x9.5 front, 17x11 rear. its got hid's in the fog lights. im wanting a truck or another cobalt ss so i wouldnt mind selling the t/a off to persue something else. lmk

Quick Reply: WTB 98-02 Trans Am