General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Leaking on headliner?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Leaking on headliner?!

Car has been siting for sometime and I could tell water has gotten everywhere since. Last night I had quite the rain storm; now I could see where the majority of the water went. I could see a few drops on the center console near the shifter, driver side floor board was soaked, and the headliner just above the mirror.
Im going to assume the driver side leak is due to the driver window not sealing up perfectly, so I will adjust this.
The console area is likely due to the headliner area.
That said, where could it be coming from to wet only that portion of the headliner?
Ttop seals are good...
Old 02-06-2015, 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

I had this happen once and it turned out to be the original 12 year old windshield in my 99 camaro was leaking at the top under the front seal. The factory glue on the top inside of the windshield dried up and the water tight seal came loose. I didnt realize it until I had the windshield replaced and by then it had ruined my headliner. Water will run through the headliner from one end to the other like a Roman aqueduct making leaks hard to pinpoint.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks to GM for designing a draining path into the center of the windshield. Carpet is getting very clean, but still going at it. Window motor has been replaced and the window has been adjusted to seal proper. Used some caulking made for this sort of thing to seal the hole and ran an extra bead across the stripping between the windshield and the top. Hopefully this isnt as bad as yours and moreso; fixed. We shall see.

Quick Reply: Leaking on headliner?!