Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Engine reinstalled with some mods - not running quite right

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine reinstalled with some mods - not running quite right

I just reinstalled the engine in my 04 C5Z. It now features long tube headers, lightly ported 243s, and a 228R cam. It has not been retuned yet, so I was prepared for it to not run quite right, but from what I've read from others who have similar mods untuned it wasn't THIS bad.

It is running so rich that it won't even idle unless I create a vacuum leak. The DIC displays the following two codes:

P0101 — the MAF is plugged in and there doesn't appear to be any leaks behind it

P0200 - all the injectors are plugged in and I can see nothing wrong with the harness.

Could either of these be caused by forgetting to hook up one of the grounds?
Old 02-08-2015, 03:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Are you using the same 02 sensors and cats that were on the car before the header install? If you eliminated any or left 02's unplugged then that could explain the rich condition.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Same o2 sensors, yes. I didn't have cats before, but now I have no downstream o2 sensors either (I had used the spark plug non-fouler trick on the downstream o2 sensors to fool the computer to prevent the CEL prior).

Unless of course one or both of my o2 extenders that came with my TSP headers aren't working. If this were the case wouldn't I have a code for inop o2s?
Old 02-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Did you cross the o2s? That'll make the car run poorly. Also, a bad MAF will do the same. Seems like a wiring issue somewhere though since you have both injector and MAF codes that weren't there before. Doubtful your MAF went bad during the upgrades you made

Quick Reply: Engine reinstalled with some mods - not running quite right