General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

P0101, Lid and new MAF, now P0103

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0101, Lid and new MAF, now P0103

stock 99 Camaro Z

Been running with check engine light and P0101 low signal code for two years, car runs fine with the MAF plugged in or not, no difference. Able to see good ground and 12V at the sensor, so I figure change the MAF and throw a lid in while I'm at it.

This afternoon I installed an SLP lid and new Delphi MAF. I got the plug in the larger hole in the lid and the temp sensor in the smaller on the neck ok, weather stripping is installed across the back, everything seems like it went back together fine. But now the car won't idle right, dies, and throws a P0103 high signal.

Unplug the MAF again and it runs fine - a little louder now with the lid, otherwise same smooth operation as before.

Any hope this is something other than a bad new part? Tried resetting the computer by removing battery ground for a couple minutes. Maybe re-enabling the MAF system with the new sensor has revealed some other problem with the circuit?
Old 02-28-2015, 12:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem fixed!

The 3-wire / 5-wire adapter that came with the new MAF was mis-wired. They had ground and signal reversed at the 5-wire connector.

Cut, swapped, and soldered the black and green wires and the car fires up without a check engine light for the first time in years.

Thanks LS1TECH for helping me figure out to change the MAF in the first place, just a little speed bump there with the adapter and it's all good. Awesome not to have that unsightly yellow light to look at all the time. Ha - cheers.

Quick Reply: P0101, Lid and new MAF, now P0103