General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help with supplemental parts for Fast 92mm or 102mm intakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Help with supplemental parts for Fast 92mm or 102mm intakes

So I just got a temp job at a parts distributor warehouse and can get parts for nearly half off online or parts store prices. The dilemma I face is that I just graduated with a degree and I will not have this parts job for very long so I need to buy whatever supplemental parts I can while I have the means to get the parts for cheap.

I have a 2002 SS and plan on upgrading the LS1 to a 92/92 intake (perhaps up to 102mm) with the possibility to add a procharger. The question I have is what supplemental parts should I try to get in the mean time to prepare. And what parts should I go ahead and get because of the age of the car. I have a short list of stuff below.

- Definitely new fuel pump (suggestions on what kind)
- New fuel injectors (suggestions ?)
- gaskets ?
- clutch ?
- ignition coils ?

Any other parts I should look into or project into my plans. Also if you know any part numbers for the parts you suggest that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
So I just got a temp job at a parts distributor warehouse and can get parts for nearly half off online or parts store prices. The dilemma I face is that I just graduated with a degree and I will not have this parts job for very long so I need to buy whatever supplemental parts I can while I have the means to get the parts for cheap.

I have a 2002 SS and plan on upgrading the LS1 to a 92/92 intake (perhaps up to 102mm) with the possibility to add a procharger. The question I have is what supplemental parts should I try to get in the mean time to prepare. And what parts should I go ahead and get because of the age of the car. I have a short list of stuff below.

- Definitely new fuel pump (suggestions on what kind)
- New fuel injectors (suggestions ?)
- gaskets ?
- clutch ?
- ignition coils ?

Any other parts I should look into or project into my plans. Also if you know any part numbers for the parts you suggest that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.
I have a H/C/102 99 Z28

My tuner says the stock injectors are good for 450 RWHP. I'm making 400 rw on the stock injectors.

I got the racetronix fuel pump. I like it, my buddy got the walbro and is already on his 2nd one.
Go ahead and get a complete gasket kit. You will need them eventually
I'm running stock coils, the only real upgrade is to get a set of the truck coils with the heatsink on them.
If you go 102, Stay away from the FAST throttle body. Go Nick Williams, I got both and the NW has a much better port for the IAC.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you plan on boost then go with the 102 it is much better built and more suited for boost. The new intake should come with all the gaskets you need to swap the intake, if its used and you plan to take it apart order at least a new rope gasket for the shell.

You could buy a whole gasket kit if you really get it that cheap but honestly if you're not planning a cam a procharger/intake swap doesnt need any new gaskets really. Also if you get the 102 you will need ls2 fuel rails or aftermarket ones as stock ls1 rails dont fit the 102. Then you will need adapters to run either your stock injectors or different ones to run the newer style ls3/7 injectors. As for the injectors its hard to recommend a size without knowing the power you want to make. In general though a set of ls3 units can be had really cheap are 42lb/hr and will support 500whp no problem which is safe for a stock bottom end ls1 with boost. They can be had for 150 bucks or so and then just need spacers to work with the ls2 rail and adapter plugs for the ls1 harness
Old 02-27-2015, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Im not trying to go absolute bonkers with a HP rating, I'm thinking somewhere between 425-500 if I can get that with H/C/Intake and Headers.
I'm leaning towards keeping it N/A and sticking with the 92mm intake. Are there any stock GM MAF and TB that are 92mm from any other car that could work? I can pretty much get any stock part for any car, we just don't do many aftermarket parts.

I definitely need a new fuel pump and regulator, does the regulator come with a new pump or are the other parts of the fuel system individual. I havent looked into the front end of the fuel system in quite a while to know exactly what parts are used there. Going to look into the ractronix pump and see if we carry it, silplu do you happen to know the part #?

I do plan on heads and cam eventually so I guess Ill pick up those gaskets. They would just be the same as a stock LS1 gasket set correct?

For the injectors, I think I would just rather replace them because of age (or could they be cleaned sufficiently?), if I'm trying for 450 HP with the mods above (92/92) what would you recommend, stock LS1s or the LS3 and necessary adapters?

Thanks for the replies

Quick Reply: Help with supplemental parts for Fast 92mm or 102mm intakes