Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoods

[IMG] To all. I am new to ls1tech forums and this is my first post. I am currently in the process of hood shopping for my 2001 firebird Formula. The car came with the stock non ws6 hood. I would like something original and different. I was looking at different hoods from VFN Fiberglass http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm . They have several different designs but the one that jumped out at me was the WS6 4inch Ram Air. Although im not quite sure that would look good on a daily driver. There was also a company called U.S. Exotics selling ws6's and ws9's. The problem is I havent seen any differnt styles on the actual cars. So can you all post your rides showing the hood or if you have a picture with different styles of hoods it would be much appreciated.

Paul
Old 06-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Try this one it might catch your eye: 4-Port Extractor by Mecham Design
There are pictures of it at a different website to get a better angle, but I don't recall that one.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Theres not to many options, theres the oem WS6 hood, SLP H.O. hood, Suncoast Raptor hood, and the Mecham hood.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Actually there are alot of options out there but none that I have seen on vehicles. Theonly hoods I have seen on birds are the stock ones. I live in a isolated area of the usa Holsingerjym I have seen that hood before and I like it. Im looking probably to buy one of US exotics ws9 hoods with the heat extractors. Thanks for the info guys.

Paul
Old 06-03-2004, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a SLP HO hood on my car, car is dirty and pic is kinda blurry but anywho

Old 06-03-2004, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replys guys. I liked the ws9's but was hoping for something a little taller to stand out in the crowd and one guy made that possible. The company called US exotics makes these hoods and i placed my order right away. Here is the link HASTA

http://community.webshots.com/album/113938333oDAEtO

Quick Reply: Hoods