Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Are my Headlights ruined??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are my Headlights ruined??????

I just bought my 2000 SS M6 and it only has 12,000 miles on it, but.... the headlights look like crap. The paint is perfect, the wheels are perfect, its just these damn headlights look scratched or some kind of nasty film. I think the warranty should pay for this. Any Camaro owners had any problems with theirs, or getting the dealer to replace them. I dont want any of the crazy tuner look-a-likes. Not that they are bad, I just want factory setup. Thanks
Old 06-03-2004, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they are scratched up, all you have to do is polish the scratches out. Your warranty will not cover scatches and the like. All you need is a good plastic polish and a few minutes and the will look like new.

Hope that helps.
Paul
Old 06-03-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Just get you a good plastic polish and put a little elbow grease into them.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

take some 1500 grit wet-sand paper, and sand down the lights, using water and a light soap...then take them to a body shop and have them spray clear coat on the lenses. They should only charge you about $75 bucks and you will never have the problem again. I work in the autobody industry for a living. I see this problem all the time and that is how we fix it. I've done it to 3 of my cars already. It really does work great.

Matt
Old 06-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Check out this post. Chad did an AWESOME job polishing up his headlights!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/157192-fixed-my-yellow-cracked-headlight-today-pics.html
Old 06-29-2004, 01:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater
take some 1500 grit wet-sand paper, and sand down the lights, using water and a light soap...then take them to a body shop and have them spray clear coat on the lenses. They should only charge you about $75 bucks and you will never have the problem again. I work in the autobody industry for a living. I see this problem all the time and that is how we fix it. I've done it to 3 of my cars already. It really does work great.

Matt
Thank you very much. I almost bought the Halo lights, but I will try this first for sure.

Quick Reply: Are my Headlights ruined??????