Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

everyone who knos about converters please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default everyone who knos about converters please help

my car is a 00 trans am a4 with jethot longtubes, catted y pipe, gmmg exhaust, slp lid, ssra, nittos, stock 3.23 gears, would a super yank 3500 be a good choice for me? would that be crappy driving around on the street? and would this converter still put out great gains if i went to 3.73 gears? and would this converter be good for way way down the road when i go heads/cam? thats a long time from now so basically what are the opinions on how much et i would shave off with this converter and how many more mph would i run, estimate. thanks
Old 06-11-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecmaro96
my car is a 00 trans am a4 with jethot longtubes, catted y pipe, gmmg exhaust, slp lid, ssra, nittos, stock 3.23 gears, would a super yank 3500 be a good choice for me? would that be crappy driving around on the street? and would this converter still put out great gains if i went to 3.73 gears? and would this converter be good for way way down the road when i go heads/cam? thats a long time from now so basically what are the opinions on how much et i would shave off with this converter and how many more mph would i run, estimate. thanks
yank would definately be a good choice.
it will be awesome driving around on the street.
it will make the converter a little bit tighter with 373's, but your fine with 323's.
when you do heads and cam i would get it restalled to 4000.
options= vig3200, tci3500(great for the money)
you could pik up .5 in the 1/4 mile.
you will more than likely lose power when you put in a TC. just that way it goes. you wont lose much but you will be able to utilize the power you do have.

J