Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Battery Dead after electrical mods?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 06:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Battery Dead after electrical mods?!?!

ok, so my 'maros been sittin in my garage fer a couple weeks now, waitin for me to throw a new oil pressure sensor on, and do the 4 headlight & foglight mods. done those now, went to start up the car, figured it was dead from sittin there so long, and me workin on the wiring in the car with the doors open and just goin in and out gettin stuff from inside the car. jumped it, ran fine, let it run for a while so the battery could get some charge, restarted it right after i turned it off and it started right up again. later that night, went to get something out of there again and noticed the interior lights not come on when i opened the door. tried to start it up and nothin. no annoying "ding ding" no interior lights, no dash lights, nothin. all my headlights, interior lights, etc were off, nothing like that to drain it. i did the 4 headlight & fog light mods to every last detail on everyone's instal guide i could find online. anyone have any ideas where to start lookin? (obviously i'm gonna check over my connections again) anyone else have problems like this after these mods? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

It may just be coincidence that the battery died when you were working on the car. A dead or shorted cell in the battery would cause the symptoms you describe and might not be related to anything you did. Having the battery tested and replaced if necessary should solve the problem.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the idea, i'll get it tested and (knock on wood) that'll be it.