Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Misses, surges, highway speed since lt's and Y

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Misses, surges, highway speed since lt's and Y

Well, I've posted about this before but still trying to figure this out. I put longtubes and a y on with front 02's and had ls1edit delete the rears. It has progressively gotten worse as far as having no power and surging during light accel. At highway speed in 6th it will surge (not like cam surge) or miss then for the first time last week the SES light flashed 3 times. We have my misfire counter/sensor desensitized due to cam setting misfires at idle so all I saw was a p0300 random misfire. I did notice two of the plug wires on the passenger side did get hot but only at the big thick part right where the wire goes in. The only codes it usually sets is insufficient switching on both 02's, which it did right away. It has not been tuned since header and y pipe install. Anyone encounter this situation????? I could throw 02's, plugs, and wires at it but would rather not just spend a bunch of money for nothing.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redlinez
Well, I've posted about this before but still trying to figure this out. I put longtubes and a y on with front 02's and had ls1edit delete the rears. It has progressively gotten worse as far as having no power and surging during light accel. At highway speed in 6th it will surge (not like cam surge) or miss then for the first time last week the SES light flashed 3 times. We have my misfire counter/sensor desensitized due to cam setting misfires at idle so all I saw was a p0300 random misfire. I did notice two of the plug wires on the passenger side did get hot but only at the big thick part right where the wire goes in. The only codes it usually sets is insufficient switching on both 02's, which it did right away. It has not been tuned since header and y pipe install. Anyone encounter this situation????? I could throw 02's, plugs, and wires at it but would rather not just spend a bunch of money for nothing.
I had something that sounds similar to this. Casue of mine was the O2 sensor on Bank 1 was giving a maxed out reading. The sensor and the extension wire were bad, had moisture/water in the connection. Replaced both O2's & wires and works fine now.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

I guess it could be that, but both of mine were switching. I guess I'll go get it tuned, that would show if something is wrong I suppose. I just got through pulling the passenger side valve cover off checking rocker arms and plug wires. All ok. What type and brand of O2 sensors are you long tubed header guys using?

Last edited by Redlinez; 06-15-2004 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having the same problem on my car and it does it even after tuning. I replaced the O2 sensors and that didn't fix the problem. I am using AC delco OEM replacements.

Flowtech POS headers.