Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Good Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Dealer

I'm not entirely sure this is the correct forum for this, but I feel it needs to be posted anyway. I apologize for the length. And so the story goes:

About two weeks ago I ordered the Pirelli PZero Nero M+S tires for my car (245/50 ZR16 for those who are wondering) since my stock tires were almost past the wear bars at 20K miles. I got them from Discount Tire Direct and took the car to a local Discount Tire Co. shop to have them installed yesterday. And so my car was on the lift.

Once they were done installing the new tires, I promptly took my car down the street to an inspection station (it was due and I needed the tires to pass inspection). At the inspection station, the car was hooked to the computer and again put on the lift. It passed flawlessly. Yay.

Then, about two hours later, as I'm walking in to work, I notice that the passenger side fender no longer meets the front edge of the door as it should. I'm sure some of you are familiar with the problem, which arises when the car is jacked or lifted at the wrong point at the front. My problem was, who to blame? I knew it wasn't a problem before I took the car in, but I don't know if the problem arose from the first or second time it was on a lift. What to do? I wouldn't feel right blaming the wrong shop and getting some poor schmuck in trouble if it wasn't his fault.

Then comes today. I needed to get an oil change as well, so I took the car to the dealer as I also needed them to check the oil pan seal (it has a slight pinhole leak). The dealer also had a body shop, and after te oil change was taken care of, I rolled the car over to the body shop to get an estimate on fixing it. The estimater came out, looked at it, and said "Give me a minute." He was back in a minute with a wrench, got on the ground, and bent the mounting bracket for the rear base of the fender back into alignment, shook my hand, and said "Have a nice day."

That was sooooo cool. Up to that point I found myself unable to enjoy my new tires because of all the worrying I was doing about needing to fix the body. Now, well, you know.

Anyway, to anyone in the Charlotte/Rock Hill area, Burns Chevrolet rocks. It's where I bought the car (they were the only place in the area where the sales guy would listen to me when I told him I wanted to order it to my tastes, not have it shipped from somewhere) and they are the ones who have done all the warranty work. And fixing the fender like that, no muss, no fuss, it was just great.

Again, sorry for the length.
Have a nice day.