Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter cold air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lingenfelter cold air intake?

I am in the market for a 1998+ Z28 and have found one in particular that I really like. On the phone the guy said that the car had a "lingenfelter cold air intake" on it. I did some research on the net and can't even find a lingenfelter cold air intake for the LS1. Is there such a thing? If so, has anyone ever used one?
Old 06-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Never heard of it. I certainly wouldn't let that sway your decision.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am awaiting delivery of my LPE engine package. It includes a so-called "Lingenfelter Intake" but in reality the only thing he did was pick the parts and test them. I can only comment on the system i'm getting, the one you are speaking of may be different, or just BS. But, the engine package I ordered comes with an intake that consists of a "Lingenfelter High Flow Airbox Lid" (which i'm sure is made by the same company that makes half the airlids out there. Probably exactly the same as SLP and MTI lids...looks identical anyway.), a "Ported, high flow MAF sensor" (which, incidentally, happens to look EXACTLY like Granatelli's MAF), a "High flow Plenum" (I assume that would be what we call "smooth bellows"), and "high flow throttle-body" (not sure what happened there, it doesn't look like the stock LS1 unit, but i don't know if it's something completely different, or maybe the C5 or Z06 one). My package does include a ported LS6 intake, so I would think that throttle-body could just be the one off the Z06.

To make my point, the LPE setup is just a conglomeration of parts that are already floating around out there. LPE heads and cams are custom matched per the engine, but other than that and the ECM tuning work, it's just another tuner.

I guess the bottom line is, if the guy isn't using the "Lingenfelter Intake" to justify a $2000-too-high asking price, then it's a good thing. Otherwise, you can probably get the same power out of piecing together your own setup.