Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Counting The Cost:

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Counting The Cost:

Hey guys, after months and months of bugging everybody I could find that would listen, I've decided on a cam. I'm getting the "Old Man" from Thunder Racing. I'm placing my order tomorrow afternoon sometime, but before I do something I'd kick myself for later, I thought I'd better ask how much a good tune would cost? I'd hate to pass up a TR224 if a tune was cheap. I'm in San Diego if it matters, but I'd be willing to drive a good wayz for a good shop (or garage.... Thanks Fellaz
Old 06-23-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CaptUSA
Hey guys, after months and months of bugging everybody I could find that would listen, I've decided on a cam. I'm getting the "Old Man" from Thunder Racing. I'm placing my order tomorrow afternoon sometime, but before I do something I'd kick myself for later, I thought I'd better ask how much a good tune would cost? I'd hate to pass up a TR224 if a tune was cheap. I'm in San Diego if it matters, but I'd be willing to drive a good wayz for a good shop (or garage.... Thanks Fellaz
The minimum most Pro tuners charge is 250.00 and that is typically if you have your own LS1 Edit. Some of them charge 400-500 without but I believe Thunder Racing does mail order tunes and would be most likely the most experienced with their own cams. You just send them your PCM and they will send it back programmed. I am not sure who is in your area but I am sure somebody will chime in.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:09 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

an actual tune will run you 550 from strictly dyno. another guy told me that he got quoted at 750 for a tune at GenIII performance . if you just want a basic code removal and such that should run about 200-250 bucks. im not going to have any locals tune my ****, FWIW.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

-K- Thanks for the input. That's what I thought it cost. Just thought I should cover all my bases first.