Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

to Spray or Not to Spray?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to Spray or Not to Spray?

i was just wondering what to do next and im think i should just get the spray.. how much would it cost with installation to get either a 100-125 shot dry. probably gunna get NX adjustable kit put it at either 100 or 125 and get a purge kit.. just wondering how much this should cost me for everything and installation and whether its a good idea or not? what you think..
Old 06-27-2004, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Check the sticky in the Nitrous Oxide forum. Generally speaking if the cars in good shape a 100-125 shot will be fine with the right safety equipment.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:10 PM

One of the sponsors has an install NOS special for $800.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by davered00ss
One of the sponsors has an install NOS special for $800.

rofl 800 bucks........just picked me up a used complete dry system jetted to 150 shot for 250.00 works perfect me and my friend installed dont buy new ****.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Default Or...

Most shops will sell you a LS1 setup for about $500 and figure another $100 for a purge.

I've had all kinds and types, and presently am running a NOSzle system that we changed all the plastic tubing on to braided lines, and because of the 'dump' issue with Holley added an accumulator reserve with pressure gauge and the hesitation or dump off the line is gone. With the system at 200 HP we are putting out 671 HP now, after a previous dyno with a 150 shot setup shooting directly into the MAF, of 610 HP at 608 LBS. odf torque. Still all stock bottom, so if I can do this your shot and horsepower shouldn't be a problem.
You can check the TEXAS TA THNUDER out at cardomain.com/id/texastathunder
Let me know if I can help...Diddie
Old 06-27-2004, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

kool man thanx.. as soon as i can replace my transmission i was thinkin about sprayin.. i figured it would cost me 600-700 for a setup and maybe 100 bucks for install. i would put it in myself but i know i would screw it up lol.. im only 17. but thanx.. can you get the purge kit to come out the SS Spoiler cuz i havent seen any like that.. ive seen them out the wheel wells and ive seen them at the top of the hood by your front glass.. and ive seen them at the front of the hood by your grill.. but not through the spoiler.. just wonderin if this is possible..
Old 06-27-2004, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also what is the best style to spray.. i was thinking just do dry through the lid i thought that was the best way. prob. is that right?
Old 06-27-2004, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

i've got a t/a and when i spray(which i will eventually in between this current motor and the next motor build i'm planning) i'm going to have a purge, and it'll purge out the vents right in front of the doors thru those vents. personally i think that'll be pretty badass. runs the risk of being ricish, but i think it will work out well.

btw, as long as you take your time, pay attention to details, are patient and are a decent wrench hand, installin a nos kit isn't a huge detail, especially a dry one. i'd have to agree w/CAMAROonROIDS here, try and pick up a good used system for a decent price, and try the install yourself. if the self-install doesn't work out, even with the 100 for the install it should price out less then a new kit.

good luck on whichever you choose dude, and keep us posted!
Old 06-27-2004, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Install it yerself man! Just cause you are 17 doesnt mean you will screw it up. Just take your time and think out everything before you do it. Save that 100 bucks for a purge!

As for a kit, keep your eyes open in the parts for sale forum. There are many good deals to be had in there. I just did a trade for a camshaft I had layin around that I only had 150 bucks in and got a nos 5177 that had only been sprayed once. A brand new 15lb bottle and a bottle heater. Alll I had to buy was a window switch. I just finished the install a few minutes ago, I have been workin on cars for many years and this is not the first kit I put on but I can say If you take your time you will not have any problems. Good luck!

Brad
Old 06-28-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i just feel like if i screwed it up.. im in the hole.. but if sumone else screwed it up while install they have to fix and its there problem.. you know what i mean? yea.. or else i would try myself..
Old 06-28-2004, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do it yourself, I installed my bottle, line, noids, relay, wiring, microswitch, arming switch, etc for an NX wtkit.. bymyself. It seems complicated.. and at 1st, i was like WTF? this is hard. But you just need the basic concept like the wiring schematics from the installation instructions and go by that. It makes things alot easier. And after that, you'll be a pro at installing a nitrous kit.

oh, and I'm 18.. worse comes to worse, you'll have to re-wire it, and like a 30ft roll of wire is like 3-4 bucks.

To be honost, the hardest part was running the wires through the dash/firewall and stuff. Hooking it up was easier.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

cool sounds good.. i might try to do this just got to get the money first
Old 06-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Launching!

round eight to nine hundred just make sure you get all the saftey stuff first it could save you big money in the long run.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buckwild
round eight to nine hundred just make sure you get all the saftey stuff first it could save you big money in the long run.
Do it yourself.. Just get into the nitrous section on this board and start searching.

I'm gonna be starting my install in another week.. I've been researching things for the last month and a half..

Good Luck..
Old 07-02-2004, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

100-125 will be fine with a dry kit. im picking up a used NOS 5177 kit from a friend w/ purge for 300 bucks. ill be installing it in the driveway with his help as soon as i can pick up a window switch. good luck!
Old 07-03-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Install it yourself. Nitrous kits aren't hard to install, and this way you will not only get the learning experience, but you will know where everything is