Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

relocating battery/ where to hook + wire under hood?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default relocating battery/ where to hook + wire under hood?

I got 1/o power wire and plan on moving my battery to the trunk. Where do I connect the positive wire under the hood?

ground?
Old 05-18-2002, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: relocating battery/ where to hook + wire under hood?

Connect the positive cable to the original OEM battery cable, using a quality nut and bolt. Ground the OEM negative cable to the frame. I used the original battery mounting bolt to do this. Use a 9-10" piece of thin steel or aluminum flat stock to hold the positive battery cable in place, keeping it from flopping around. I found some 3/4" wide steel strap that had 1/4" holes already punched. Cut a 2" section of hose to fit around the cable. Bend the flat stock around the hose/cable in a "J" shape, drill a hole and install a pinch bolt. Secure the new bracket to the front sheetmetal that supports the frontend. You can use an existing bolt to hold the newly made bracket in place. Insulate the bolted connection between the new cable and the OEM cable by using some 1/4 closed cell foam and a zip-tie or two. I just grounded the negative cable to the rear bumper mounting brackets.

<small>[ May 18, 2002, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Brother J ]</small>