Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

hubcentric rings

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hubcentric rings

alright. Heres the situation: I've been having vibration issues with my brand new Boyd Coddington wheels (since day 1 ). I've heard hubcentric rings are the fix. What do I need to know about these? And what size do I need if this is the right course to go? My car is a trans-am, it came with the 16 inch wheels, the boyds are 17"x10" all around with kuhmo ecsta supras. I really know nothing about these but want the vibration to stop!
Old 07-01-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hubcentric rings are usually required when you get (and I know this is probably obvious) a non-hubcentric wheel. The way to tell will be to measure the hub bore diameter of your wheel and compare it to the wheel hub diameter on your car. If its significantly larger than your wheel hub (F-body/Corvette is just under 71mm) then you'll need a ring to fit into the wheel hub bore to accommodate your hub size. Some wheel manufacturers (Enkei comes to mind) make their wheels to fit a variety of vehicles, so they open up the hub bores some to allow for it and rely on the rings to make up the difference.

CANNIBAL posted this link a while back and it may help. You might also try and contact Boyds to see if their wheels are or are not hubcentric - I don't know offhand.

http://www.prestigewheel.com/mainHubRing.htm

HTH a little

Quick Reply: hubcentric rings