Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

center bore

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default center bore

I'm looking to order hub rings for my new wheels, they're 17" BC SmoothieIIs. I need help deciding what size rings I need. I took it in to a shop and they measured and said I needed 70mmx77.6mm rings. Online I can't find that size though. I can find 70.1mmx76mm 70.3mmx76mm and 70.5mmx76mm. Any idea if my measurements are right or what the right size is?? Thanks
Old 07-03-2004, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

You'll need to measure the bore diameter of the non-hubcentric wheel you're trying to mount. You can usually pick up a cheap digital calipers at harborfreight or somewhere if need be. Hub snout diameter for our cars is 70.3mm. So you'll need to specify a ring that adapts your 70.3mm snout to the slightly larger bore diameter of the wheel you're using.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
You'll need to measure the bore diameter of the non-hubcentric wheel you're trying to mount. You can usually pick up a cheap digital calipers at harborfreight or somewhere if need be. Hub snout diameter for our cars is 70.3mm. So you'll need to specify a ring that adapts your 70.3mm snout to the slightly larger bore diameter of the wheel you're using.
The guy at the wheel shop measured it at 77.6mm... Is that posible? That's HUGE compared to every ring I've seen for sale online....

Quick Reply: center bore