Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

installed rear BIG PROB HELP PLZ!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installed rear BIG PROB HELP PLZ!!!

So i finally got the whole 4th gen rear installed that was shipped to me from hawksthirdgenparts...and i was driving and noticed a reallyyyy annoying squeeking sound. I figured it was the brake wear indicator but just to make sure i put it on jacks and ran it with the wheels in the air. the WHOLE right rear wheel WOBBLES 2"!!! it just goes back and forth. my dad figured it was proly the inner axle..what are your guys opinions and how can i fix this. I am very upset considering i have been waiting weeks to get this and the wheels on and now i cant even drive it, or go to the pavillions tonight.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have a bent axle. You are gonna have to take off the rear cover..remove the c-clip and slide in the new axle

Originally Posted by ghettosmurf
So i finally got the whole 4th gen rear installed that was shipped to me from hawksthirdgenparts...and i was driving and noticed a reallyyyy annoying squeeking sound. I figured it was the brake wear indicator but just to make sure i put it on jacks and ran it with the wheels in the air. the WHOLE right rear wheel WOBBLES 2"!!! it just goes back and forth. my dad figured it was proly the inner axle..what are your guys opinions and how can i fix this. I am very upset considering i have been waiting weeks to get this and the wheels on and now i cant even drive it, or go to the pavillions tonight.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much do those run?