Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Your opinions on this sub.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Your opinions on this sub.

Hey everyone, this is my first post in this section & I need some opinions on a certain sub.... It's a brand new 12" POLK MOMO & my local audio-shop is having a clearance sale on them for only $60 a pop.... I haven't heard one of these subs in person, so if any of you have , please give me your thoughts.

Thanks,
Mike.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get them at that price. I think retail price for those is over $200. I have have never heard their subs but I have always been pleased by the way their components sound even their cheaper line of speakers.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:09 AM
Launching!

All i can judge by is their home audio which is superb. As far as car audio, i've never heard it but i have seen those subs retail for upwards of $250. Then again you have to ask yourself WHY are they on sale for $60?
Old 07-06-2004, 04:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've had both Polk db's & dx's & was very pleased with them both.... Circuit City is where I would be getting it from & I asked the guy there why they were going for such a cheap price & he said because they were no longer going to be carying Polk... From what I understand the momo series is supposed to be better than the other two... They will also have to order it in for me with just an $11 down payment & no freight charge... I would believe Circuit City to be a well rounded company & not sell defective merchandise, so I think I'll go ahead & get one... If anyone has heard these, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks again,
MIke.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:37 AM
TECH Resident

Polk made some killer components, the Mobile Monitor series, the EX line they came out with was good entry-level equipment. The Polk MOMO stuff I felt was way overpriced, but still good stuff whick replaced the MM gear. If you can get a 12" for that price, I say go for it!
Old 07-18-2004, 03:08 PM
12 Second Club

Do they have the yellow logo or the red and black logo? Cause I have two 12 inch polk momo's in one of my cars and i love them they are the MM124's and have them run off a 1001bd rockford fosgate amp and i love the way they sound. If they are the MM124 then I want some more and deffinatly get them and let me know where u got them. I haven't heard their new polk 12's but i would imagine they are not bad.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greenalien00
Do they have the yellow logo or the red and black logo? Cause I have two 12 inch polk momo's in one of my cars and i love them they are the MM124's and have them run off a 1001bd rockford fosgate amp and i love the way they sound. If they are the MM124 then I want some more and deffinatly get them and let me know where u got them. I haven't heard their new polk 12's but i would imagine they are not bad.
It's the red & black labled one... I beleive the # is MM2124.