Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Noise coming from the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise coming from the rear?

I know i'm going to get some kind of remarks for that title, but oh well i need some help. in my 02 camaro, whenver i make a right turn i hear this noise from the pasenger rear tire. like metal rubbing together or something is trying to come off, metal clanking. It only does this when i make right turns. Another thing is that whenever i'm driving i hear squeaking noise all the time when the car hits bumps. i jumped on the side of my car to see if it was shocks, but i don't even know what bad shocks sound like.and everytime it went up and down the noise would happen again. i don't know if its a shock/strut thing. i'm a total newb so any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

ok the dealership called my girlfriend and told her it was something it "controler" or "control" in it. she didn't get the exact wording on it. does anyone know how easy it is to fix one of those? or whats a reasonable price. they said it was going to be around 165 plus tax. also, does anyone possibly know why that part might have broke, was i driving it to hard?
Old 07-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Teching In

I have the same noise. I was told by Pontiac that the rubber on the control arms or the sway bar cause the squeak when hitting bumps. The other noise you have is the same noise I have, at low speeds. I think it is the rear end gears? I have a 2002 TA. E-mail me if you would once you find out the "true" problem. Thanks! Troy
Gabazon@cableone.net