Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How to make linelock switch illuminate?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to make linelock switch illuminate?

I installed my linelock a while back and used a switch from radio shack that is supposed to light up when you turn it on. My question is, how do I do that? It has three small terminals sticking out from the bottom, and I have two that are connected for the linelock (both 12 volt sources). The linelock itself works fine, but it just doesn't light up when I turn it on, and it'd be nice if it did. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

Edit: The switch also doesn't have any labels on it for the ground, power, or accessory.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

Ground the third prong.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

I've already tried that, but it still does not work. I even have an extra switch, exact same type, that I tried, and no light.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Take the extra switch, and hook up a 9v battery to each of the terminals, find out what pair is for the light maybe
Old 07-07-2004, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your using the slp linelock, or any other linelock kit where the switch provides the ground, you need to connect the 3rd wire to a +12 source.

if the switch has a led instead of a lamp, you can't do this, and will have to either install a relay, or resire the linelock to have the +12 switched instead of the ground.

Ryan.