Sponsored by:

true dual questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 06:56 AM
pmh
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default true dual questions

Would it be worth anything for me to install true duals with out doing headers? Im already running with no muffler. Would I free up the exhaust any more with the duals? I ask, because I've got access to all the free exhaust tubing I need, so it'd be easy and cheap.

pmh
Old 07-14-2004, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pmh
Would it be worth anything for me to install true duals with out doing headers? Im already running with no muffler. Would I free up the exhaust any more with the duals? I ask, because I've got access to all the free exhaust tubing I need, so it'd be easy and cheap.

pmh
nope. dont bother wasting your time if your not going to put LT's infront if the duals.

J
Old 07-14-2004, 07:41 AM
TECH Veteran

I was planning the same thing but just really for the sound. I would do it but you will not realy see much performance with out the Header's.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Besides it seems like the true duals are a bitch to get past the axle. The Panhard needs to be replaced if you are gonna do over 2.25 inch (I have read) and I would not dump it before the axle since you will probably be getting fumes in the car. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

I have 3" true duals dumped at the rear axle, no fumes, no smells. I still have cats and I kept the stock manifolds (just for the time being.) I have glasspacks on each pipe that inlet/outlet 2.25" (don't forget backpressure folks) and I have a 3" xpipe. The sound is incredible, especially when compared to other ls1 cars that have a ypipe and catback. I keep getting complements on how deep the tone is by other fbody drivers that have ORY's and catbacks.

I haven't had a chance to dyno the car yet but I have raced another 6 spd fbody that was an '01 car. He had longtubes/ORY/lid/SLP dual/duals and he beat me by a half car with me sticking at his door. He dyno'd 350rwhp 360rwtq so i'm guessing my duals helped somewhat.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ashtongsr
I have 3" true duals dumped at the rear axle, no fumes, no smells. I still have cats and I kept the stock manifolds (just for the time being.) I have glasspacks on each pipe that inlet/outlet 2.25" (don't forget backpressure folks) and I have a 3" xpipe. The sound is incredible, especially when compared to other ls1 cars that have a ypipe and catback. I keep getting complements on how deep the tone is by other fbody drivers that have ORY's and catbacks.

Yeah the True Duals are the best sounding IMO.