PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light came on after alignment was done...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SES light came on after alignment was done...?

very strange..ive had problems because of a cut o2 sensor wire...got everything fixed...got my alignment dont today and SES light came on after 1 mile. i had to drive for about 40 miles to run errands...i stopped by Autozone, got a scan...they pulled bank2, sensor 1, bank1 sensor 1(front o2s), and random missfire(p0300)...i was like "ohh crap...here we go again"...went to o'reilly and purchased some TR55's to change em out...now when im driving home..the SES light goes out and doesnt come back...WTF?? Anyone know what coulda happend?

Another question that i've been wondering: after the codes get cleared and no SES light is being thrown, how long do the codes stay in 'memory' and still show when u hook up a scanner?
Old 07-18-2004, 12:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ELS1
very strange..ive had problems because of a cut o2 sensor wire...got everything fixed...got my alignment dont today and SES light came on after 1 mile. i had to drive for about 40 miles to run errands...i stopped by Autozone, got a scan...they pulled bank2, sensor 1, bank1 sensor 1(front o2s), and random missfire(p0300)...i was like "ohh crap...here we go again"...went to o'reilly and purchased some TR55's to change em out...now when im driving home..the SES light goes out and doesnt come back...WTF?? Anyone know what coulda happend?

Another question that i've been wondering: after the codes get cleared and no SES light is being thrown, how long do the codes stay in 'memory' and still show when u hook up a scanner?

A misfire code will go away after a few drive cycles if it does not detect this anymore. I had this when I first installed my cam at idle it would throw the code before I tuned it out. The SES light would eventually go away and the code would be deleted as well. I am not sure about the O2 codes going away though.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like your headers. Not that there is anything wrong with them but they will cause the 02 sensors to run a little cooler not operate quite the same as stock. I know alot of people with this problem. It doesnt always happen immediately after a header install either. Get a tune, problem solved. Don't buy new 02 sensors.

Brad